27 September 2009

You can only save those who are willing

So despite my efforts and the risk I put myself and my wife in, she allowed the abusive husband back into her house. She allowed him to manipulate her. The worst part, is that she knows she is being manipulated. She is scared.

I heard her tone of voice and all I heard was myself back in Casa by the Sea. I heard the truth covered up by fear. I could feel him watching her, listening to her every word and preparing a manipulative lie to cover up what really happened.

The same lies I had to vocalize while I was at Casa by the Sea. "Everything is going good here, the food could be better" when I wanted to say "PLEASE SAVE ME!!!" I know that I cannot save everyone, I am but one man. I know that my karma is clear, for in many ways I have sacrificed my well-being to make sure this spouse is taken care of. I am being sent to the DMZ in Korea because I saw something wrong and reported it.

It really sucks being the good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment