18 October 2009

Why?

What made me so different than the others at Casa by the Sea? I have been struggling with this question for years. My good friend brought it up, he was talking about wanting to meet my mom.

He said "something set you apart from the rest of the people in Mexico, something let you come out of there and be successful. You are going to become an officer and retire as a Colonel and never have a worry in the world. I want to see where that kind of determination came from."

When I started "working" the program, I knew that it would be a lie. I made the conscious choice to become someone I was not for as long as it took. When I came home, I had to keep up that facade, then I turned 18 and I was able to flush that persona away. Now, that facade is a thing of the past. I am not subject to their mind control any more.

From a young age, I was basically catered to joining the military. Outdoors activities, shooting, Boy Scouts, it all led up to one thing. This was not a conscious choice by my parents, but a subconscious one. My Dad told me once "The only regret I have in my life is not going Active Duty and doing my 20 years in the Army." He did not want me to repeat his mistakes. Was this idea, planted in the back of my head, what allowed me to survive Mexico?

All I know is that survivors are plagued by Casa by the Sea, even with the place closed down. Why am I one of the few that can speak out?

No comments:

Post a Comment