28 October 2009

The evil mother

Is flying out to visit on Saturday.

I had a long talk with my wife about my Mom and why our relationship is so fucked up. Ironically, not for the reasons many would think. Casa by the Sea was a symptom of the greater problem, the one we have had since I was about 6.

When my Mom learned that my little sister had a learning disability, I got set on the back burner. I stopped receiving any attention. I stopped receiving encouragement, motivation, praise, and love. I motivated myself through school in order to learn what I know now. I remember my Dad, one time, telling me that he was proud of me in 7th grade. My Mom, I cannot remember a single time where she praised me.

I grew up, never hearing that I was smart. I grew up with a distorted self-image, thinking that I was ugly. Now all of a sudden I grew muscles and have a wife who praises me. I have 30-year veteran computer programmers stunned at the scripts that I write.

I will not allow my mother to come into my house with the negativity from my childhood home. If she wants to continue such games, there are plenty of hotels in the area and a Hertz down the street. We shall see how this week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment